Why a Fixer Upper might be a good investment.
It can be extremely difficult seeing what possibilities lie beyond an archaic exterior wall, outdated flooring or unfashionable fixtures. Most homebuyers desire homes that are in near perfect condition. Because of this, a large majority of prospective homeowners shy away from homes in need of renovation not realizing that many imperfections can be improved with a few minor renovations.
By definition, a fixer upper is a home that can be lived in but needs some enhancements. Generally fixer-uppers are priced 10-20% lower than market value. Typically, the best fixer-uppers are the undesirable homes of today which are reshaped into tomorrows most desirable properties through a variety of different loan options.
Found a great fixer upper in an amazing location?
Ready to transform it into the perfect home for you and your family?
Create the home you’ve always dreamed of with a renovation loan today!
Renovation Loan Types & Benefits
A VA Renovation Loan or VA Rehabilitation Loan unites some of the most eye-catching feature of several well-known mortgage loan programs into a single loan. VA-guaranteed, the VA Renovation loan allows eligible homebuyers to purchase a home and fund the repairs and improvements all in one loan.
• 100% Financing- No money down financing to qualifying borrowers.
• Low Mortgage Rates – Finance both the purchase, refinance, cost of repairs and or updates all in one low rate mortgage loan.
A HomeStyle Renovation Loan is a long-term renovation loan backed by Fannie Mae terms and conditions. A HomeStyle Renovation loan provides convenience in that it is a type of mortgage loan that allows a buyer to borrow money for renovation and repairs with a single conventional home loan.
• Simple: loan funds available prior to starting project (subject to lender approval).
• Flexible: loan can be used on any renovation project up to 97% loan-to-value.
• Affordable: renovation costs may be approved up to 75% of the purchase price.
FHA 203k home loan
An FHA 203K Home Loan, sometimes referred to as a Rehab or Construction Loan is an extension of a regular federally backed FHA mortgage loan. Oftentimes, lenders will not approve loans for homes in need of enhancements. An FHA 203K Home Renovation loan remedies this.
• No Equity Needed.
• No Minimum Renovation Amount.
• Structural Repairs Eligible.
• Little as 3.5% Down Payment
• Purchase Price and Renovation
• All In One Mortgage